Xorg crashes...

Tom Cowell t.a.cowell at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 07:11:50 PST 2010

I was responding to this remark from Peter Hutterer:

>> uhm. SIGTERM is the termination signal. Something's shutting down your
>> server.

If SIGTERM is coming from another process, then the debugger won't
provide any information about _which_ process. However, a recursive
strace of startx (and all its children and grandchildren) _might_
identify the source of the signal. Even if the X Server is killing
itself with SIGTERM, that would be worth knowing.

However, if it stays up for days before crashing, strace might
generate an unacceptable amount of output.

Cheers
Tom