Xorg crashes...

Ryan Daly daly at ctc.com
Wed Jan 6 11:54:11 PST 2010

On 01/06/2010 02:28 PM, Justin P. Mattock wrote:

> alright.. so at least you can switch
> modules i.g. from nvidia to vesa and such.
>  From what it seems your hitting something
> maybe with evdev, or mouse/kbd(but could be wrong).
>
> over here I've noticed something like that
> with using fluxbox and the latest xserver from git.
> every so often if I right click
> the xserver will exit out instantly.
>
> hmm.. from your log I see something
> with evdev, maybe you should upgrade
> the evdev module(from git) to see if this problem
> has been fixed for you.

I'm running the stock Xorg from Ubuntu 9.10.  They're using version
2:1.6.4-2ubuntu4, but /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/evdev_drv.so lives in
another package (xserver-xorg-input-evdev) which is version
1:2.2.5-1ubuntu6.

Would I be able to insert an updated module without changing anything else?

This message and any files transmitted within are intended
solely for the addressee or its representative and may
contain company sensitive information.  If you are not the
intended recipient, notify the sender immediately and delete
this message.  Publication, reproduction, forwarding, or
content disclosure is prohibited without the consent of the
original sender and may be unlawful.

Concurrent Technologies Corporation and its Affiliates.
www.ctc.com  1-800-282-4392