xrandr dual-screen usability survery (Was: Dual-head config broke with update to 1.4.2)

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Wed Feb 17 08:10:19 PST 2010

Martin Cracauer, le Wed 17 Feb 2010 10:50:12 -0500, a écrit :
> Thanks for the fvwm2 tip, I'll try that later.  Of course it won't do
> anything about the other client problems and the virtual desktop
> switching.

Note that virtual desktop switching is handled by fvwm2 too.  Initially
I thought having independent virtual desktop switching would be useful.
Since fvwm2 doesn't do it, I ended up just sticking windows on one
screen, and thus only get virtual desktop on the other screen.  This
{ static on one hand, dynamic on the other hand } setup is in the end
quite good.

Samuel