X.Org Foundation Board of Directors 2010 Election

Egbert Eich eich at suse.de
Wed Feb 17 02:33:27 PST 2010

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 07:26:35AM -0800, Keith Packard wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 23:21:28 +0100, Luc Verhaegen <libv at skynet.be> wrote:
>
> > Can we get some more details here please? Alanc also mentioned ssl
> > certificates, FOSDEM 2010 and Videohackfest from the top of his head.
>
> We haven't paid for any SSL certificates, or a video hackfest. The sum
> total of our expenses can be broken down as:
>
> XDS 2008:    $4499.70
> XDC 2009:    $2880.84
> MIT hosting: $3000.00
>              --------
>             $10380.54
>
> Our outstanding obligations today are MIT hosting for this year ($3000)
> and travel expenses for FOSDEM 2010 ($660).

Keith, please would you disclose over which time period these expenses
incurred?

The reason why I'm asking is, I've been doing some bookeeping for the
X.Org Foundation until the end of 2006.
(I discontinued this as I never had direct access to the bank statements
and thus was never able to obtain timely information over the expenses
paid nor income (mostly interest) made.)

Still I've got a full record for 2005 and 2006 though. According to this
the opening balance in 2007 was
      USD 206,939.96 Money Market
      USD  15,876,34 Checking

This adds up to:
      USD 222,816.30 in the HSBC bank account on January 1st, 2007.

According to Keith X.Org has got around USD 125k left in the bank which
is roughly 100k less than 3 years ago. The USD 10k mentioned above seem
to cover more than one year (at least part of 2008 and full 2009) yet
they only account for 1/9 of the amount spent over the past 3 years.

Would it be possible for the board (or the treasurer) to circulate a more
complete list of the earnings and spendings over the past three years?

The bookkeeping I've done is in an ooffice spread sheet, thus easily readable
for everybody. I would circulate this to the members list if the board
approves.

Regards,
	Egbert.