X.Org Foundation Board of Directors 2010 Election

Luc Verhaegen libv at skynet.be
Wed Feb 10 20:12:09 PST 2010

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 05:26:15PM -0800, Stuart Kreitman wrote:
> On 02/10/10 05:14 PM, Luc Verhaegen wrote:
>>
>> Like last year, there are no FOSDEM costs. After some questions were
>> raised about the social event, I decided to also forgo asking X.org
>> sponsorship for that.
>
> No point in debating mere guesstimates. We're working on getting the
> answer for you.

Well, i am worried about the general state of affairs when people are
just guessing about the amount left. I would like to see how funds were
used in the last year to be able to decide on the future direction.

I know that you are merely there for bureaucratic reasons (while not
currently part of the board), and it is good to know that you are
dealing with this paperwork.

> As far as "questions raised",  this is a tough crowd, but I'd urge you
> to have a thick skin and
> persevere, we can meet any reasonable needs.

Well, the FOSDEM DevRoom does not need funding for a Social Event. It
seems that those who want to come along to a good and very affordable
restaurant for a nice meal with us, do so anyway. And this way, those
that don't like to go eating with us are no longer obliged to come
(even though that never stopped some).

Plus, it seems rather unlikely that we will ever have a DevRoom there
again after this years appalling showing. But that is completely
offtopic here.

Luc Verhaegen.