xinput settings ignored

Marco Cavallini koansoftware at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 08:35:52 PST 2010

Hi I am facing to a weird behaviour with my ARM based touchscreen
device, xinput settings ignored and looks like I have a parallel input
device.

X.Org X Server 1.7.4

# cat /dev/input/touchscreen0
  if I touch the screen I can see chars

If I start xorg with
 xinit &
I can see the graphic application (xterm) and the cursor moves when I
touch the screen.
Cursor movements are not calibrated and axes are swapped.

# cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "atmel-ts"
        Driver          "evdev"
        Option          "SwapAxes" "1"
        Option          "Device" "/dev/input/touchscreen0"
EndSection

Now, the weird stuff: If I do
 xinput set-int-prop "atmel-ts" "Device Enabled" 8 0
the command
 xinput test "atmel-ts"
doesn't return any coordinate and any event, but the cursor moves on the
screen.

If I enable the device
 xinput set-int-prop "atmel-ts" "Device Enabled" 8 1
the command
 xinput test "atmel-ts"
works, and the cursor has the same behaviour (not cailbrable)

May these info give you any idea about what's happening?
Any hint will be appreciated.

TIA

/marco