Possibly silly, certainly a little OT Question

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Dec 23 21:43:54 PST 2010

Greetings everybody and a Merry Christmas to those who observe it;

I have a minicom session connected to a serial port of an antique computer,
and the diffs in the keyboard codes for the control characters are killing
me because I can't use the uparrow & repeat functions of the terminal
software driver on that machine.  The arrow keys in particular, as sent
from this end are just garbage chars to the old machine.

So the first thing I need to map is from whatever the up arrow key now
sends, to actually send an 0x09 to the other end of the cable.

But I haven't a clue how to go about that.  I've looked through minicom's
menu's, and it looks like I can translate the printable characters, but I
don't see where I can diddle the control chars.  I've also look at the
setserial options without anything useful reaching up and slapping me in
the face.

Can anyone suggest a better configuration tool/location of a file,
whatever, that would give me the data as to how to do this for minicom
only?
--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)