Zapping the Xorg server

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Tue Aug 24 16:07:16 PDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 06:08:55PM +0200, Wolfgang Draxinger wrote:
> as you might know, Zapping the Xorg server by means of
> CTRL+ALT+BACKSPACE has been first disabled by default, and later on
> the xorg.conf option went away, too.
>
> It is still possible to
>
> setxkbmap -option terminate:ctrl_alt_bks
>
> somewhere in the startup/init scripts to reenable, but I wonder when
> some smartass will vote to get it removed, too. Not to forget, that it
> doesn't get along well with xmodmap.

re:xmodmap, the following may be interesting reading
http://who-t.blogspot.com/2010/06/keyboard-configuration-its-complicated.html

re:zapping, the XKB option was _added_ in response to the initial default of
DontZap on (which now defaults to off again, like it always has)
http://who-t.blogspot.com/2009/04/zapping-server.html
Either way, it's not going to be removed by "some smartass".

Cheers,
  Peter