Manipulate x windows

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Sat Aug 14 13:41:45 PDT 2010

OK, I know this is more of a WM question...

I'm looking for a CLI utility that would let me manipulate (resize and
relocate) windows based on WM_NAME or WM_CLASS.  Is anyone aware of any
such thing?

I need to open a window and position it - but the app does not fully
support the -geometry option.  It only allows me to set the size and not
the location (in other words, it ignores the +X+Y portion of the HxW+X+Y
string.)

Thanks,

--Yan

--