Need help: Lost keyboard after xorg upgrade

Sergio Monteiro Basto sergio at sergiomb.no-ip.org
Sun Aug 8 18:24:23 PDT 2010

Hi have you a package system-setup-keyboard ?
system-setup-keyboard is a daemon that monitors /etc/sysconfig/keyboard
and writes out an xorg.conf.d snippet based on  this file’s contents

first you should have /etc/sysconfig/keyboard with something like:
KEYTABLE="pt-latin1"
MODEL="pc105"
LAYOUT="pt"
KEYBOARDTYPE="pc"