Reg Xev

cknayar at codeaurora.org cknayar at codeaurora.org
Fri Apr 30 15:24:30 PDT 2010

Thanks for drawing teh complete picture to me. (btw just let me know
if this is the right place to discuss this issue as this is my first post
on this forum).

The problem that i face is showkey seems to be giving the correct keycode;
so does xmodmap -e.

Dont xmodmap and showkey also recieve the keycodes from the input driver?

if yes , i still am stuck trying to understand the difference of results
between xev and showkey/xmodmap.

Results:
showkey : Press Down : "keycode 108 press"
xmodmap -pke | grep Down : "keycode 104 = Down NoSymbol"
xev | grep keysym  ( press down):  keycode 204 (keysym 0x0,No Symbol)

I am using a pc105 keyboard model

-Karthik