nouveau and /dev/dri ? [solved]

walt w41ter at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 15:44:15 PDT 2010

On 04/05/2010 10:02 AM, walt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying nouveau for the first time on amd64 and it's almost but not
> quite working.
>
> The problem is that /dev/dri/ doesn't get created, and I don't know why.

I continued to try different kernel config options and got it working,
though I'm not sure what made the difference.  In retrospect the console
framebuffer was not really working before, but it obviously works now.

I can't get mesa-7.8 to compile nouveau_dri.so because the gentoo build
is ignoring the gallium useflag.

ATM glxgears is giving me ~275 FPS, same as the 'nv' driver. Is this
because of the missing nouveau_dri.so, maybe?

Thanks.