xcompmgr -- Proposal: root background fill color

Mon Oct 19 15:44:39 PDT 2009

Eeri Kask wrote:
> xcompmgr fills the root window by #808080 if there is no
> _XROOTPMAP_ID property or something found.
>
> May I propose by the attached little tweak to make the above grey
> value configurable by command-line by the
>
>     -b colorname
>
> parameter.  The proposal uses XLookupColor() to resolve this name
> into RGB values used by XRenderFillRectangle() in root_tile() in
> xcompmgr.c.

When adding new options to the command, you also need to add them to
the man page so users know they exist.

Also, please use git format-patch for future patches so they are easier
for us to apply - see the instructions at:
 http://www.x.org/wiki/Development/Documentation/SubmittingPatches

Otherwise, this patch seems sane enough to me - I'd have pushed it if
it wasn't for missing the man page update.

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com