dual screen setup

Florian Echtler floe at butterbrot.org
Fri Oct 9 03:15:38 PDT 2009

> I use a dual screen setup and the Gnome DE. My problem is that if I operate
> on the 2nd screen, *some* ( not all! ) of
> windows which are supposed to appear on it appear on the 1st ( primary )
> screen instead.
> For example, if being on the secondary screen I click on gnome-mixer, the
> volume slider pops up in the primary screen,
> but - "preferences" dialog of the very same gnome-mixer correctly appear in
> the screen it was launched on!
I've had more or less the same problem a few days ago when I upgraded to
Xserver 1.7.0.

> 1) you guys? :)
> 2) Gnome?
> 3) my distribution (Debian testing) for failing to correctly synchronize DE
> packages with X packages ? ( maybe one has to recompile GTK+ each time some
> X component change?)
AFAICT it's 3. In my case (Gentoo), I rebuilt GTK+ and everything was back
to normal (solution by J.Billeter, thanks again).

Florian
--
"_Nothing_ brightens up my morning. Coffee simply provides a shade of
grey just above the pitch-black of the infinite depths of the _abyss_."