xserver 1.7.0 and intel driver 2.9.0 - how to check, why not working

Łukasz Maśko ed at yen.ipipan.waw.pl
Tue Oct 6 05:18:12 PDT 2009

I've installed the above combination (intel driver rebuilt with xserver
1.7.0), but the only thing I'm getting is a blank, black screen and hard
lock of my machine - nothing is working, I have to hold the power button to
turn my laptop off. There is nothing in logs that can tell me, what is
wrong.

My laptop has an Intel i855GM chipset. I'm using PLD linux with 2.6.31
kernel, xserver 1.6.3 and intel driver 2.9.0 (rebuilt with xserver 1.6.x)
and with whese versions everything works well.
--
Łukasz Maśko                                           GG:   2441498    _o)
Lukasz.Masko(at)ipipan.waw.pl                                           /\\