X Window structure digram

Jim Gettys jg at freedesktop.org
Sun May 31 09:19:52 PDT 2009

FWIW:

The standards spec in Scheifler and Gettys has been freely available
from day one under the MIT license.

The copyright of anything else in the volume Scheifler and Gettys
(including the introduction, diagrams, TOC, and the wonderful index) is
now owned by us: we were clever enough in the (already very generous)
agreement with Digital Press to have the copyrights on the rest of the
book return to us if the book went out of print.

I can't speak for the agreements other books in the series, though I
suspect they may be similar.

Personally, I'd be very happy to license the rest of Scheifler and
Gettys (the parts that were not in the X distribution) under a CC
attribution share alike license; if someone wants to do something with
the rest of that volume (and I have the troff sources for the rest of it
someplace, btw), I'll bother to dig it up and check with Bob if that's
ok with him.
                                - Jim