Error During Autoconf

Joe Sprankle jsprankle at awlship.com
Sat May 30 22:07:48 PDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-05-30 at 21:37 -0700, Dan Nicholson wrote:
> On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 8:11 PM, Joe Sprankle <jsprankle at awlship.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > Brand new to this.
> > I'm attempting to learn to build kdrive and not off to a good start.
> > Configure.ac says to run autoconf to create configure script.
> > I'm receiving the following error:
> >
> > foo at foo:~/Desktop/xorg-server-1.6.1.901$ autoconf
> > configure.ac:31: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
> >      If this token and others are legitimate, please use
> > m4_pattern_allow.
> >      See the Autoconf documentation.
>

> Sounds like you don't have automake installed.
automake --version
automake (GNU automake) 1.10.2
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>

Written by Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat.com>
       and Alexandre Duret-Lutz <adl at gnu.org>.

>  You'll need autoconf,
autoconf --version
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.63
<http://gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.html>

Written by David J. MacKenzie and Akim Demaille.

> automake and libtool to work with the git sources.
libtool --version
ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 2.2.6
Written by Gordon Matzigkeit <gord at gnu.ai.mit.edu>, 1996

This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is
NO
PURPOSE.
>  Additionally,
> you'll need any other X modules that the server depends on.
>
> http://xorg.freedesktop.org/wiki/Development/git
Looks like I ned to start on this page, ever feel like you've bitten off
more than you can chew?

> It's also very probably Ubuntu has kdrive. Look for Xephyr.
There is a package for Xephyr, and xfbdev.
My issue is I need to this to work with a touchscreen.
I'm trying to build an understanding of the process of building/tweaking
kdrive.
I'm normally a RTFM kind of person, I'm having a hard time finding
documentation to read,
Any suggestions?

Thanks!