Error During Autoconf

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sat May 30 21:37:20 PDT 2009

On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 8:11 PM, Joe Sprankle <jsprankle at awlship.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> Brand new to this.
> I'm attempting to learn to build kdrive and not off to a good start.
> Configure.ac says to run autoconf to create configure script.
> I'm receiving the following error:
>
> foo at foo:~/Desktop/xorg-server-1.6.1.901$ autoconf
> configure.ac:31: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
>      If this token and others are legitimate, please use
> m4_pattern_allow.
>      See the Autoconf documentation.

Sounds like you don't have automake installed. You'll need autoconf,
automake and libtool to work with the git sources. Additionally,
you'll need any other X modules that the server depends on.

http://xorg.freedesktop.org/wiki/Development/git

It's also very probably Ubuntu has kdrive. Look for Xephyr.

--
Dan