XI2 pull warning

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Thu May 28 21:27:04 PDT 2009

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 02:54:22PM -0400, Thomas Jaeger wrote:
> Thanks for the work you've put into this.  I haven't spent a lot of time
>  testing the new code, but here are my first impressions.  You're
> probably aware of most of the issues below already, but I'll mention
> them just in case.
>
> * The biggest issue for me right now is reporting of XI1 (see the
> attached test program).  XSelectExtensionEvents and
> XGrabDevice/XGrabDeviceButton will only report press events; motion and
> release events are lost.

Fixed. missing mask assignment in the case of an explicit passive grab.

> * A driver sending a proximity event crashes the server.

Fixed, thanks. GetProximityEvents still had the valuator event calculation
in there and returned a wrong number of events. That, an an uninitialized
pointer that was only triggerd for proximity events. Both fixes pushed.

> * XIGrabButton always fails with a BadDevice error.

Fixed, thanks. The check was in there to prevent passive grabbing of
attaches slave devices, which in hindsight might have its use-cases though
dealing with the modifiers can be trick. Documented in inputproto.

> * It seems to be pretty easy to crash the server using XI1 applications.
>  I'll provide more information later

Yes please. I'd need some sort of test-case to debug crashes.

> * libXi doens't support parallel builds (make -j2) anymore.

works fine for me, not sure what's going on there.

Cheers,
  Peter