Xkbcomp 1.0.5 build failure

underestimated animeaholic_99 at yahoo.com
Tue May 26 04:32:45 PDT 2009

Hi All,

Although I'm running Fedora, this is more of a general X.org build problem.

Lately I've been trying to build the X.org server, and I need to build
xkbcomp.

I'm trying to build xkbcomp 1.0.5, but I'm getting the following error:

/opt/X11R7.4/lib/libxcb-xlib.so.0: undefined reference to '_xcb_lock_io'
/opt/X11R7.4/lib/libxcb-xlib.so.0: undefined reference to '_xcb_unlock_io'

Dumping the symbols for libxcb-xlib.so.0 I see that these are indeed
undefined, but if I use 'ldd' to determine the shared object dependencies
for libxcb-xlib.so.0, it says:

libxcb.so.1 => /opt/X11R7.4/lib/libxcb.so.1

This file exists and I found the symbol defined in this. Unfortunately I
don't know how to get the build to smarten up and realize this :-/

If anyone has any suggestions that'd be greatly appreciated. Also just for
other info:

I'm building X11R7.4 with libxcb 1.1.90.1. The reason why I've assumed that
I need to build xkbcomp is because my Xserver says it can't find
/opt/X11R7.4/bin/xkbcomp (which makes sense) and without it I can't get the
keyboard to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks