about "error: version-config.h: No such file or directory"

Justin Mattock justinmattock at gmail.com
Sun May 24 06:50:12 PDT 2009

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 4:17 AM, shulhan <m.shulhan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday 24 May 2009 4:53:01 pm you wrote:
>> ref: http://www.mail-archive.com/xorg@lists.freedesktop.org/msg06905.html
>>
>> do you know how to solve them ?
>
> sorry for inconvenience, i solve the problem by running "autogen.sh".

no I never solved that one(got sidetracked)
from what had happened here is this .h file
wasn't the only one mysteriously missing
on my system at the time.
Either header files were being removed
when I installed the nvidia driver(during install time nvidia
removes conflicting files), or it was another application I had
installed and then uninstalled that removed some important header files
(could'n t compile gcc, nor libc or much of really anything)

So it's just a simple sh ./autogen.sh  that restores the header.

:^)

--
Justin P. Mattock