[ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-intel 2.7.1

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue May 19 12:55:11 PDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-05-13 at 00:12 -0400, Benjamin M. Schwartz wrote:
> Carl Worth wrote:
> >     * Fix crash with XV with large virtual display (> 2049). [Albert
> >       Damen <albrt at gmx.net>]
>
> It's not what I would call "fixed". With 2.6.*, XV with large virtual
> display would crash the server.  With 2.7.1, it just gives "BadAlloc"
> errors and shows nothing.
>
> That's still pretty far from the 2.3.* behavior, where it Actually Worked.

Hi Ben,

I'm sorry to hear you're still running into a problem here, but I do
appreciate you bringing it to our attention. What hardware are you
using, (915 or 945 perhaps?). And is it possible that when it worked
with 2.3 it was using the video overlay and that now it's attempting to
use textured video? If something like that is happening, perhaps you
could get it to work with the video overlay now.

Anyway, I'd love to see more details from you on what this bug is and
how to reproduce it. Feel free to follow up here, (or even better, point
to a bugs.freedesktop.org entry with the details).

-Carl