modify keyboard layout

mobidyc mobidyc at gmail.com
Tue May 5 22:48:54 PDT 2009

Peter Hutterer a écrit :
> On Tue, May 05, 2009 at 11:51:12PM +0200, mobidyc wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I want to modify the layout for an azerty keyboard.
>> actually when the CAPSLOCK is active, i can't write numbers like the
>> SHIFT key let me do this.
>>

> setxkbmap -option "caps:shiftlock" might do what you want. Note that this also
> changes the capslock behaviour so it's cancelled by hitting shift.

I can't use this option because it acts like the SHIFT key was all the
time pressed thus I can't select what I want with the mouse.
I want to do one of the two following way :
 - modify the CAPSLOCK behavior so it writes the upper left symbol of
the number keys, like it does for the letters.
 - modify the upper right symbol of the number keys to be the same than
the upper left symbol.

all modifications I made in the xkb/symbols/<file> are not working and I
really don't know how to do what I want.

> Cheers,
>   Peter

thanks,
Mobidyc