radeonhd stuff, missing function now?

Beso givemesugarr at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 02:55:51 PDT 2009

2009/3/16 Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net>:
> On Sunday 15 March 2009, Beso wrote:
>>so the steps are:
>>1. install rpmfusion repository
>
> It is, but only the normal & non-free channels are enabled, updates-testing
> and rawhide are not.  I've enabled them one by one but no newer mesa stuff is
> showing up.  Several other things I needed have, but no new drm, libdrm, mesa
> or libmesa stuff has appeared.
>
> I also sent FF to the repository and searched for new mesa & drm.  Zero.

after more googling around without any hints (i only saw some forums
of people with mesa 7.3 installed when using proprietary ati/nvidia
drivers and all of them with references to the rpm-fusion repository)
i've decided that it's faster to add the git version of mesa to the
script. now the script fetches/updates mesa, libdrm, radeonhd. you
might experience troubles if you have some packages not installed. i'm
on full git with all x11 packages on my gentoo box and don't know what
fedora has installed. the thing that i find strange is that fedora or
external repos don't provide mesa 7.3 packages.

> I'm a sucker, so although it is way late, I'll sure give it a shot.  And I
> gave it this startup:
> #> sh radeonhd-updater-modified.sh /usr/src
>
> and it exited here:
>
> ************ updating radeonhd ****************
> xf86-video-radeonhd
> git clone start -->
>   repository: git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/xf86-video-
> radeonhd
> Initialized empty Git repository in /usr/src/git-src/xf86-video-radeonhd/
> remote: Counting objects: 712, done.
> remote: Compressing objects: 100% (671/671), done.
> remote: Total 712 (delta 531), reused 38 (delta 27)
> Receiving objects: 100% (712/712), 762.19 KiB | 171 KiB/s, done.
> Resolving deltas: 100% (531/531), done.
> error: could not lock config file .git/config
>   local clone: /usr/src/git-src/xf86-video-radeonhd
> r6xx-r7xx-support
> fatal: Not a git repository
> tar: This does not look like a tar archive
>
> /usr/src/git-src
> ************ building libdrm ******************
> radeonhd-updater-modified.sh: line 271: ./autogen.sh: No such file or
> directory
> autogen on drm failed
>
> Many thanks Beso.  I have to chuckle at your email handle though.  I'm
> diabetic, type 2, so sugar is one of the poisons I have to miss as much of as
> I can, darnit.  Getting old it turns out, is not for sissies.

well, i forgot to export the GIT_DIR so that the git config would find
it.... sorry. now it's fixed and i've added also the mesa git version.
this would take some time to build up also because it builds up quite
some stuff. you could add a ./configure for mesa before the make line
so that it would configure it with what you really need (it doesn't
build with xcb support which is a must if you want to use kde4). i
haven't added the configure option since i don't know if your libX11
is build with xcb support. uncomment the ./configure line in the
script if you're actually using kde4, since your libX11 should in that
case be built with xcb support.

--
dott. ing. beso