Recommended X versions for Mobile Intel® GM45 Express Chipset

Halim Issa yallaone at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 02:11:30 PDT 2009

Hello,

I have been trying to stay current on the recent intel drivers, xorg-server,mesa and dri for a while and have most likely due to lack of experience suffered a rather unstable system.

Thus I'd like to revert to the most stable solution. Does anyone have a quick pointer to what is the earliest and most tested versions of xorg-server, mesa and dri that will work with an intel driver supporting Mobile Intel® GM45 Express Chipset on a Lenovo X200 ?

Will for instance Xorg-server 1.4.2 function with a version of the intel driver that supports my chipset?

Thanks in advance for any help on novice question.