how can I know cursor in an editable field?

=?x-gbk?Q?R=A8=A6mi_Cardona?= remi at gentoo.org
Thu Mar 12 12:06:34 PDT 2009

Le 12/03/2009 17:01, marslee_suc a ¨¦crit :
> Hi all,
> I am working on an onscreen keyboard, I want it can call itself when
> end-user click an editable field such as editline or text field when
> focus leave editable field keyboard can hide itself. what should I do, I
> think X can know If user enter an editable field, but I don't how to
> deal with it. Is there any application used same technique? Is there any
> example?

You'll have to use accessibility toolkits such as at-spi to get this
sort of information. As Glynn said, X has no idea what is being drawn
inside windows (X almost only knows about pixels, graphics-wise).

You should take a look at projects such as Orca (a screen-reader) and
Accerciser (an a11y explorer).

Hope that helps.

R¨¦mi