Adding support for a (multi-)touchscreen - where best to add it?

david.hagood at gmail.com david.hagood at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 09:23:41 PDT 2009

I am working with a (somewhat new-ish) touchscreen system which supports
Multi-touch reporting, based upon an eGalix controller. Unfortunately,
this is NOT currently supported under Linux (when will these vendors wake
up to the fact that the embedded world is moving away from Windows(tm)?)

I don't think the mechanics of adding support for this are going to be
terribly great, but I'm not sure where it should go: there's the
xserver-xorg-input-evtouch driver, the xserver-xorg-input-tslib driver,
and you could make an argument for it being in the standard
xserver-xorg-input-evdev driver.

Does anybody have a good suggestion as to where this support should go?