[ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-intel 2.6.99.901

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue Mar 10 17:34:55 PDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 10:05 -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
> On 03:47 Tue 10 Mar     , Stefan Dirsch wrote:
> > Could it be that the tarball is incomplete?
> > i965_xvmc.c:49:25: error: ipicture.g4b: No such file or directory
> > i965_xvmc.c:52:21: error: null.g4b: No such file or directory
> I can reproduce this and the files definitely aren't there. Oddly, I
> tried a `make distcheck` locally and got these files in the tarball.
> Something must be weird on the box where the tarball was made, and I
> wonder how distcheck completed successfully.

Looks like we need to make our tar-file generation more clever, (or
actually less clever). It's configuring the list of files to include in
the tar file based on whether xvmclib is detected on the build machine.
You can probably guess that I didn't have this installed previously. So
that's why make distcheck worked for me as well.

I've now uploaded a .902 tar file that should fix this problem. A new
announcement will go out shortly.

-Carl