visual and PictFormat related question

Alexei Babich a.babich at rez.ru
Sun Mar 1 22:38:23 PST 2009

Hello, all.

xdpyinfo shows, that my X-server supports two visuals: 24 and 32 bits (visuals IDs is: 0x21, 0x39); I aim to apply 'PictStandardARGB32' PictFormat to the windows.
Visual having ID 0x39 is suitable for this type of PictFormat.
But default visual of the root window is 0x21, so when I try to create windows with 0x39 visual, the root window as a parent, I always get a BadMatch error.
Should I change default visual for the root window? If so, how can I do that? If no, how shold I use 'PictStandardARGB32' PictFormat with the windows?

Thank you in advance!

--
Regards,
Alexei Babich, circuit engineer, OOO NPP "Rezonans", Chelyabinsk, Russia
Jabber ID: impatt at jabber.ru