Strange issue with hal and Xorg

Justin Mattock justinmattock at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 13:13:01 PDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 12:53 PM, walt<w41ter at gmail.com> wrote:
> Justin Mattock wrote:
>
>> Don't want to confuse you, but hal
>> is being fazed out.
>> udev-142 is now responsible for handling
>> volumeid etc...
>
> Auuuggh! Just when I'm beginning to understand hal (but not very well.)
>
> You've confused me too.  How does volumeid relate to a mouse problem?
> And which docs should I start reading before this actually happens?
>
> And have a nice weekend :o)

sorry about that(I got confused with util-linux-ng)
Anyways can't remember where I read it, but somewhere
I read that hal was being fazed out.(maybe I'm seeing things)
could of been in the source package of udev-142 under the NEWS,
or README section.

Not sure how the distros are going to handle that, but over here
it's no problem(made my own distro) xserver compiles and runs
fine without hal. for the keyboard and mouse
simply input-evdev,input-mouse,input-keyboard modules works fine.
(although I haven't setup the bluetooth mouse yet, which might depend on hal)

--
Justin P. Mattock