buttonmapping option

Wed Jun 10 13:46:56 PDT 2009

Jethro Tull wrote:

>> Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 13:35:52 -0700
>> From: Alan.Coopersmith at Sun.COM
>> Subject: Re: buttonmapping option
>> To: heavytull at hotmail.com
>> CC: xorg at lists.freedesktop.org
>>
>> Jethro Tull wrote:
>> > i would like to find documentation detailing all about xorg.conf input
>> > device options such as buttonmapping.
>> > Actually I'm trying to set my mouse as left handed and since my mouse
>> > has 2 extra buttons than common mice I would like to know how to set
>> > everything.
>>
>> That documentation, where it exists, would be in the xorg.conf man page
>> for general format, and the driver-specific man pages, such as evdev
>> and mouse_drv, for device-specific options.
>>
> option ButtonMapping is described is neither the man page of xorg.conf
> nor evdev ner even in mouse.
> the "Driver" line is set to mouse in my xorg.conf.

Sorry, I typo'ed the man page name, there's no _:

% man -M /usr/X11R7/share/man mousedrv
[.....]

     Option "ButtonMapping" "N1 N2 [...]"
            Specifies how physical mouse buttons  are  mapped  to
            logical buttons.  Physical button 1 is mapped to log-
            ical button N1, physical  button  2  to  N2,  and  so
            forth.  This enables the use of physical buttons that
            are         obscured         by         ZAxisMapping.
            Default: "1 2 3 8 9 10 ...".

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com