X.org release engineering?

Tue Jun 9 07:05:47 PDT 2009

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 08, 2009 at 04:20:00PM -0400, Adam Jackson wrote:
>> Security is handled out of band like any other project.  We'll release
>> patches for at least the most recent release, probably do a point
>> release for same, and anyone shipping anything older gets to backport.
>
> In practise, this didn't happen though. I don't care about most other
> parts, but this one is and was a huge regression compared to the
> monolithic word.

Which part doesn't happen?   I don't see any difference in our patch releases
compared to monolithic days, and don't know of any security bugs we know of
and have failed to release patches for.

Point releases, we only really did one in the monolithic days, 6.8.1, since
they were so much harder to do then, and while we don't always do them now,
I think we've done more than one since.

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com