does "radeon" driver support HDMI video?

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 07:18:35 PDT 2009

On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 3:55 AM, Tomasz Chmielewski<mangoo at wpkg.org> wrote:
> Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
>

> But coming back to the HDMI problem, it was not detected by fglrx driver as
> well.
> I think the problem is here that I use a HDMI extender (LevelOne HVE-9001,
> over cat. 5e cable),
> which does not seem to follow HDMI specs fully. What's interesting, if I
> start X with HDMI cable connected to the
> monitor directly, and then changed to HDMI extender, I could still see the
> video correctly.
> That's why I thought "forcing" HDMI output would help here (fglrx has such
> an option, but it can't use it
> when randr is used, go figure).

You should be able to force the output on with xrandr via your xorg
config file.  Add a monitor section section for your hdmi monitor
called "HDMI-0", the set Option "Enable" "True" and specify the sync
ranges and preferred mode.

e.g., (replace the sync ranges and preferred mode as per your desired config):
Section "Monitor"
    Identifier      "HDMI-0"
    HorizSync   30-81
    VertRefresh 56-76
    Modeline "1280x1024_60.00"  108.88  1280 1360 1496 1712  1024 1025
1028 1060  -HSync +Vsync
    Option "PreferredMode" "1280x1024_60.00"
EndSection