does "radeon" driver support HDMI video?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Thu Jul 9 12:17:52 PDT 2009

Alex Deucher wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 9:36 AM, Tomasz Chmielewski<mangoo at wpkg.org> wrote:
>> Alex Deucher wrote:

>>> You can use xrandr:
>>> http://wiki.debian.org/XStrikeForce/HowToRandR12
>> It's rather hard to use when you're not even logged in as you can't see the
>> login box ;)
>
> You can force outputs on in your xorg.conf

These are the log and the xorg.conf files:

http://www1.wpkg.org/radeon/

I tried disconnecting and connecting the VGA, therefore, you will see
such entries in the log.

HDMI is not detected, although it's connected.

This is what xrandr says:

Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1400 x 1050, maximum 1400 x 1400
VGA-0 connected 1400x1050+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
0mm x 0mm
    1400x1050      60.0*
    1280x1024      60.0
    1280x960       60.0
    1024x768       60.0
    800x600        60.3     56.2
    640x480        59.9
HDMI-0 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
DVI-0 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)

I tried playing with xrandr command, with no visible results.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski