evdev+hal => Too many input devices.

Łukasz Maśko ed at yen.ipipan.waw.pl
Mon Jul 6 00:26:06 PDT 2009

Dnia poniedziałek, 6 lipca 2009, Peter Hutterer napisał:
[...]
> Please attach the whole log, this snippet is not really useful for
> finding the root of the problem.

Here it is.
It's quite long, becouse I'm using hibernation with my laptop and the last
time that I've restarted X was many days ago. After each resuming from the
disk, evdev rediscoveres devices. Maybe this is the reason - the "old"
devices are not removed, the "new" ones are added and whis way we finally
meet the upper limit.

Right now I'm using evdev only. I still have some "mouse" and "kbd" devices
described in my xorg.conf file, but my ServerLayout section looks like
this:
Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier      "standard"
        Screen  0       "Screen" 0 0
        Option          "AIGLX" "true"
        Option          "DontZap"  "off"
EndSection
so these devices are not used at all.

--
Łukasz Maśko                                           GG:   2441498    _o)
Lukasz.Masko(at)ipipan.waw.pl                                           /\\