build failure in xserver-master (2009-01-23 03:11:15)

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 20:21:49 PST 2009

2009/1/23 Joe Smith <stopads at yahoo.com>:
> (If someone has already reported this, sorry.)
>
> Background:
>
> I hacked together an improved(?) install script based on the script found at http://www.x.org/wiki/Development/git.  It's attached so these results can be repeated.  (Sorry, I'm still learning bash)
>
> I also downloaded the latest "tagged" release of everything via Firefox, since I haven't figured out how to tell git to do it (b/c cloning the latest repository version is often too unstable).  I've attached a source listing so you can see the versions I used for this run.
>
> The install script is invoked the same as expected: init, then build.  I am redirecting all output to two files, named init and build, of course.
>
> Problem:
>
> In the build output file (intel_install_BUILD_090123-16:36.txt), you can see the following error at the end when compiling xserver-master:
>
> Keyboard.c: In function 'xnestUpdateModifierState':
> Keyboard.c:227: error: 'struct _KeyClassRec' has no member named 'state'
> Keyboard.c:235: error: 'struct _KeyClassRec' has no member named 'state'
> Keyboard.c:256: error: 'struct _KeyClassRec' has no member named 'state'
> make[3]: *** [Keyboard.o] Error 1
>
> Hopefully the attached install script will allow the author to reproduce this error.

There was just a ton of churn on the XKB code, so it might be a little
bit until everything is back in order. For now, you might try building
the server with --disable-xnest, but I think you may hit similar
issues with xorg (although I haven't tried myself). If you can't get
xorg to build, you might try backing up 15 commits or so. Building
server-1.6-branch is a possibility, too, since this just affects
master.

--
Dan