build failure in xserver-master (2009-01-23 03:11:15)

Joe Smith stopads at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 23 19:30:31 PST 2009

(If someone has already reported this, sorry.)

Background:

I hacked together an improved(?) install script based on the script found at http://www.x.org/wiki/Development/git.  It's attached so these results can be repeated.  (Sorry, I'm still learning bash)

I also downloaded the latest "tagged" release of everything via Firefox, since I haven't figured out how to tell git to do it (b/c cloning the latest repository version is often too unstable).  I've attached a source listing so you can see the versions I used for this run.

The install script is invoked the same as expected: init, then build.  I am redirecting all output to two files, named init and build, of course.

Problem:

In the build output file (intel_install_BUILD_090123-16:36.txt), you can see the following error at the end when compiling xserver-master:

Keyboard.c: In function ‘xnestUpdateModifierState’:
Keyboard.c:227: error: ‘struct _KeyClassRec’ has no member named ‘state’
Keyboard.c:235: error: ‘struct _KeyClassRec’ has no member named ‘state’
Keyboard.c:256: error: ‘struct _KeyClassRec’ has no member named ‘state’
make[3]: *** [Keyboard.o] Error 1

Hopefully the attached install script will allow the author to reproduce this error.

My system:

I'm running the 2.6.28 kernel from drm-intel-2.6.28-20090112.tar.bz2, which I downloaded from http://www.intellinuxgraphics.org.  I have Fedora 10 (up to date), and an Intel GME965 chipset.

Thanks.