intel 2.6.0: EXA choppy, UXA has artifacts

Khashayar Naderehvandi khashayar.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 04:34:05 PST 2009

Ben Gamari wrote:
>>> A few weeks ago, we were having issues with the GPU's
>>> interrupt getting disabled such that the driver wouldn't be notified
>>> when the chip was done drawing. This would cause unusably "choppy"
>>> behavior.
>>>
>>> The problem is tricky, but it appears that enabling message signaled
>>> interrupts generally works around it, although I think there are a few
>>> people who can still reproduce it.
>>>
>> Strangely, after I restarted my computer, this issue seems to have disappeared.
>> I'll keep an eye on the log, and will post back here if the issue
>> returns and I find anything useful in the logs.

So, after a few minutes the problem always returns, and there's still
no sign of anything out of the ordinary in the logs. Subsequently, I'm
still at a state where EXA is unusable, and UXA has its issues.

Is there a bug report on this that I can follow? Otherwise I will file
one as soon as I can, if I manage to gather some useful information to
add to the bug report.

Regards,
Khashayar