KMS with Xorg on G45 failing

Jesse Barnes jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org
Fri Jan 16 10:40:03 PST 2009

On Tuesday, January 6, 2009 5:41 pm Mike Lothian wrote:
> 2009/1/7 Mike Lothian <mike at fireburn.co.uk>:

> >> This one looks like a Mesa mismatch somehow, so try rebuilding that too.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Jesse Barnes, Intel Open Source Technology Center
> >
> > OK I've recompiled libdrm mesa and xf86-video-intel using their master
> > tree's and recompiled the head drm-intel-next branch of the kernel the
> > versions I were using before were only a few hours old
> >
> > Good news X starts, bad news is the screen goes black once KDE starts
> > to load, pretty sure it's when the compositing is started
> >
> > Another strange things happened, normally with KMS all my VTs are at
> > the laptops native resolution now they're in the top left corner at
> > what looks like 800x600 but not streched
> >
> > Also when booting from a non-KMS but regular GEM kernel UXA doesn't
> > work now. I've had to switch back to EXA
> >
> > I'm attaching my dmesg and Xorg log from the KMS retry
> >
> > Could any of the problems be caused by:
> >
> > [drm:i915_get_vblank_counter] *ERROR* trying to get vblank count for
> > disabled pipe 0
> >

> > Cheers
> >
> > Mike
>
> Oh yes and when X started is went back to the native resolution

The "800x600 but not stretched" issue sounds like it could be related to the
initial_config bug I fixed this week.  Can you give Dave's latest drm-next
tree a try?  It fixes that bug (among others).  Also the 2D driver needs a
few fixes we're still working on.  The intel-gfx at lists.freedesktop.org is a
good place to watch for those.