[ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-intel 2.5.99.2

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Fri Jan 16 09:56:52 PST 2009

On Fri, 2009-01-16 at 09:56 +0200, Vasily Khoruzhick wrote:

> I've just tried xf86-video-2.6.0, xorg-server-1.5.99.901 and mesa-7.3_rc2,
> still got artefacts with uxa (same as on
> http://fenix-fen.at.tut.by/screen-3.png) and xserver hangs (and no way to
> stop it except restarting whole system) after using 3d for ~2-3 mins (with
> wine even faster :))

Eric and I found some rather significant 915/945 X/3D interaction
problems yesterday that were leading to hardware lockups. He's hoping to
finish up some fixes for that today.

The core issue was that with DRI2, there isn't any hardware lock that
the X server holds between batch buffers, so the 2D drawing code needs
to be more careful about keeping setup code and the associated rendering
code in the same batch buffer.

keith.packard at intel.com