xserver: Branch 'server-1.6-branch' - 2 commits

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at freedesktop.org
Wed Jan 14 23:08:39 PST 2009

On Jan 14, 2009, at 21:25, Keith Packard wrote:

> On Wed, 2009-01-14 at 21:09 -0800, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
>> Ugg... sorry, I forgot to put it in EXTRA_DIST or whatever it is for
>> the make dist magicness.
>
> There's that, and then there's fixing all of the places which use
> dix-config.h but don't use any other X server includes; they don't
> know
> how to find a file in the source include directory as dix-config.h
> is in
> the build include directory.

ah ... when builddir != srcdir.  Sorry, I always forget that... =/
I'll give that a try...

Could we just do something like:

dix-config-post.h:
	$(CP) $(srcdir)/include/dix-config-post.h $(builddir)/include

all: dix-config-post.h

>> What would you like for a filename?  Is dix-config-post.h sufficient?
>> I wanted to keep dix-config in the name to make it obvious...
>
> Yeah, that sounds fine. You sure there's no way to leave this
> unmolested
> in dix-config.h?

I think the only way would be to use AH_VERBATIM in configure.ac and
let autoheader generate dix-config.h.in, but that approach seems to be
off the table based on the xorg-config-do-not-use-this-file.h.in