Intel/G45/1080 tearing

Anthony aaroboneml at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 12:15:12 PST 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 12:04 PM, Daniel Gultsch <daniel at gultsch.de> wrote:

> What does
>        xvinfo | grep -i Adaptor
> reports?
> If it reports something like Intel Video Overlay you can just tell
> mplayer to use the second adaptor (Video Overlay) and all your problems
> are gone. (You can either tell mplayer or tell xorg.conf to prefer
> Video Overlay)
> If you have only Textured Overlay then you're traped. You will have the
> same bug as I do: No Video Overlay for some reason.
>
> cheers Daniel
>
>   Adaptor #0: "Intel(R) Textured Video"
I don't think the G45/X4500HD has any overlay support at all.  It only has
Textured Video, which is the problem I think.

Can we get an intel driver dev to give some insight?

Side note: I can use mplayer -vo gl2 to render 1080i content without
tearing, BUT mythtv can't use mplayer to play recordings (only videos).  And
like I stated before the mythtv opengl renderer gives green monochrome
output for all content :/  Not sure why it doesn't replicate what mplayer
-vo gl2 does.