Xrandr loop with gnome-settings-daemon [WAS: Re: Intel GM45: Loop of continuously triggered output detections]

Soeren Sandmann sandmann at daimi.au.dk
Wed Jan 14 06:05:26 PST 2009

Peter Clifton <pcjc2 at cam.ac.uk> writes:

> Should gnome-settings-daemon be avoiding retaliating to a notification
> by requesting XRRGetScreenSizeRange, or should XRRGetScreenSizeRange
> avoid calling a procedure which will emit another notification?

I'm pretty sure gnome-settings-daemon is doing what it's supposed to
do here. RandR is designed so that clients are supposed to update
their information in response to notifications. It's been a while
since I looked at it though.

I don't think XRRGetScreenSizeRange should generate notifications.

Soren