exclude programs from input device grabs

Patrick Sebastian Zimmermann patrick at zakweb.de
Thu Jan 8 14:48:48 PST 2009

I want that a chosen application (in my case a hotkey daemon) receives
all input device events even when they are grabbed by other
applications. Even though I don't yet know the X internals, I guess
this is not done by simply grabbing all input devices. This would allow
any program to overhear passwords.
Greetings,
  Patrick