exclude programs from input device grabs

Thomas Jaeger thjaeger at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 08:44:21 PST 2009

What is it exactly that you want to do?  If you just want to be notified
of key presses, all you have to do is grab the key on all the extended
input devices.  In xserver 1.6, if you also want applications not to
receive the events,  you can change the core pointer mapping.  If I
understood Peter correctly, come XI 2.0, this won't be necessary anymore
since grabs will temporarily detach the slave device.

Tom