Mouse and KVM Issue

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Tue Jan 6 17:10:12 PST 2009

On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 06:53:16PM -0500, - gw1500se wrote:
> Option "AutoAddDevices" "false"
>

> Sorry. I didn't add the option keyword. The good news is, it didn't
> complain about the option. The bad news is, it didn't help either. I
> guess that implies it is a kernel problem. Is there a way to force a
> reconnect via CLI? Perhaps I could monitor the USB devices (lsusb) via
> cron and then force a reconnect when I see the hardware come back.

If you disabled AutoAddDevices (just make sure that it claims that it's
disabled in the Xorg.log) and the device doesn't come back it's a kernel
problem.

> 1.4 uses hal already, so it applies to some extent.
>

> I know nothing about HAL or what it does. Are you implying that perhaps
> the option is being ignored? If so, what do I need to do in HAL to
> accomplish the equivalent, if anything?

HAL simply provides the server with a list of devices. The server then adds
these devices as input devices. But in your case, you don't have to worry
about this as it seems to be kernel-related.

Cheers,
  Peter