Mouse and KVM Issue

- gw1500se awingnut at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 6 15:53:16 PST 2009

Hi Peter,

Thanks again for the help. Please see below.

Peter Hutterer wrote:

  On Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 07:44:36PM -0500, - gw1500se wrote:

all this is logs from the graphics card. is there anything related to input
devices?

Apparently not. Those are the entries that were added to the log after I switched away. Is there someplace else I might look?

Option "AutoAddDevices" "false"

Sorry. I didn't add the option keyword. The good news is, it didn't
complain about the option. The bad news is, it didn't help either. I
guess that implies it is a kernel problem. Is there a way to force a
reconnect via CLI? Perhaps I could monitor the USB devices (lsusb) via
cron and then force a reconnect when I see the hardware come back.

1.4 uses hal already, so it applies to some extent.

I know nothing about HAL or what it does. Are you implying that perhaps
the option is being ignored? If so, what do I need to do in HAL to
accomplish the equivalent, if anything?

Cheers,
  Peter