[multiseat] hard freeze when running "X -arguments... :1"

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Jan 5 10:58:08 PST 2009

'Twas brillig, and Tiago Vignatti at 05/01/09 16:34 did gyre and gimble:
> Jan Kasprzak escreveu:
>> 	BTW, what approach do you use for sound? I would like both users
>> to use sound to their own stereo speakers, so probably split a 6-channel
>> sound card output to three independent virtual stereo outputs via global
>> (not per-session) pulseaudio daemon?
>
> yeah, pulseaudio is a good alternative to redirect the sound for each
> seat. If you're considering MDM, you should take a look here as well:
>
> http://wiki.c3sl.ufpr.br/multiseat/index.php/How_to_make_the_sound_work

Without reading the article above the split could be done pretty easily
via pulseaudio and module-remap-sink and setting the appropriate
PULSE_SINK variable for each user at X11 login.

There is no security here tho' so the users would beable to spam each
other's sinks, but that may not be a concern in your setup.

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
gmane(at)colin.guthr.ie