Forcing interpolated resolution with intel driver

Sven Barth svenmauren at vr-web.de
Sat Jan 3 08:36:30 PST 2009

Hi again!

I managed to get the intel driver to use the 1024x600 modeline
(currently hardcoded through a quirk flag an the use of xf86CVTMode ;) )
by overriding lvds_fixed_mode, but the display is (more or less
understandable) not very pleased with the resolution. It's flickering
very much and the top half of the image is in the bottom half of the
display and the other way round (I hope you can imagine what I'm trying
to describe :D ). What could I change in the driver to tell the display
to swallow the resolution an be happy with it?

Of course I'll continue experimenting by myself, but would also be
pleased to read other opinions and solutions.

Greetings,
Sven

PS: I hope this message gets put at the right position in the list,
because as I said: I never used mailing lists before :P