New Video Decode and Presentation API

Andy Ritger aritger at nvidia.com
Fri Feb 27 15:21:19 PST 2009

Sorry for the slow response, Torgeir.

> Neither, I'm trying to not use deinterlacing in the graphics card.
>
> Is it technically (theoretically) possible to rearrange the order of merging the fields and scaling?

I think if you want to scale, then you really need to deinterlace, first.

The deinterlacer in NVIDIA's VDPAU implementation was improved in the
latest 180.35 beta:

If you're having problems with the deinterlacer, and that is your
motivation for trying to avoid deinterlacing, then it might be worth
evaluating the deinterlacer updates.

I hope that helps,
- Andy